Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (魔法少女まどか★マギカ PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA) is a production of studio SHAFT directed by Akiyuki Shinbo and written by Gen Urobuchi with original character designs by Ume Aoki, character design adaptation by Takahiro Kishida and music by Yuki Kajiura.
"After experiencing a bizarre dream, Madoka Kaname, a kind 14-year-old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyubey. Madoka and her friend, Sayaka Miki, are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being. He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange, they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyubey, a magical girl named Mami Tomoe, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Homura Akemi is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal." 
- Original Work: Magica Quartet
- Direction: Akiyuki Shinbou & Yukihiro Miyamoto
- Script/Screenplay: Gen Urobuchi
- Original Character Design: Ume Aoki
- Character Design: Takahiro Kishida
- Music: Yuki Kajiura (梶浦由記)
- Sound Direction: Youta Tsuruoka
- Chief Animation Direction: Mika Takahashi & Jun`ichirou Taniguchi
- Animation Work: Shaft
- "I First Met Her in a Dream... Or Something"
- "That Would Be Truly Wonderful"
- "I'm Not Afraid of Anything Anymore"
- "Miracles and Magic Are Real"
- "There's No Way I'll Ever Regret It"
- "This Just Can't Be Right"
- "Can You Face Your True Feelings?"
- "I Was Stupid, So Stupid"
- "I'd Never Allow That To Happen"
- "I Won't Rely On Anyone Anymore"
- "The Only Thing I Have Left To Guide Me"
- "My Very Best Friend"
- Official website (Japanese)
- Official Twitter (Japanese)
- Shaft history on anim-apple
- Madoka Magica's behind-the-scene on anim-apple